As you know, I’ve been writing, and a big part of my writing process is music. I’ve been re-exploring old playlists as well as combing through my “Discover Weekly” options through Spotify to come up with another list of songs that have been on repeat in my head — even when Spotify is turned off. Several of these songs can relate to different scenes and characters I’m writing, some are just fun to blast in the car or dance to around the apartment (two, coincidentally, are my nephew’s favorite songs to ‘drop it low’ to — added to my playlist before I’d ever even seen his sweet 14-month-old-dance-moves but now will forever be favorites).
Once again, I don’t watch music videos, but I’ve provided links if interested. This time I’ve also starred the ones that might come with ‘parental advisory’ labels (meaning I’m advising you, Mom: there are swear words).
- Numb — Adam Jensen
- No Roots — Alice Merton
- Cringe – Stripped — Matt Maeson
- Torches — X Ambassadors
- Everybody Gets High* — MISSIO (love the little drop around 2 minutes)
- Batshit* — Sofi Tukker (love the pause around 1:30)
- Hymn* — Kesha
- Oh My Dear Lord — The Unlikely Candidates
- Stone Cold — Demi Lovato (the outro starting at 2:20 is everything)
- Love on the Brain* — Rihanna (love the sultry/smoky/jazzy sound)
- Broken Bones — Kaleo
The whole list can be found on my Spotify here.