If you have a man in your life, you know what big babies they become at the first sniffle. (Okay, okay, this time around my throat hurt so badly I was a whiny mess myself). Regardless, a loved one with man flu requires some extra pampering.
I’ve written before about the soups I whip up to fight illness, but you can never have enough easy soup recipes, especially in the middle of cold and flu season. This one has the added bonus of being a childhood throwback made healthier.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs minced onion
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen broccoli
- 1/2 Tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbs turmeric
- 1/2 Tbs ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 Tbs chives
- 1/2 Tbs soy sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp sriracha (optional)
- 1 sheet Chinese noodles
- Heat oil in stockpot over Medium. Add onions and red pepper flakes and cook about 1 min.
- Add veggies and spices through pepper. Cook, stirring often, about 3-5 min.
- Stir in chives and chicken stock. Bring to boil.
- Add soy sauce and sriracha. Boil about 8-10 min, stirring occasionally. (Side note: all the seasoning measurements are approximate so taste/adjust as needed throughout.)
- Break noodles in chunks and add to pot. Cook about 3-4 minutes, breaking noodles apart with spoon as they soften (you can also add 1 cup water to keep soup brothier).